Wednesday 25 March 2009

By the Grave side

Mothers day 2009
Cemetery
Grandmothers grave:

Me and an uncle from my dads side of the family, together clean then add and arrange flowers to my grand mothers tomb stone.

My uncle said "things have changed so much...life is hard..Life aint no joke".

I replied "Hmmmm".

But what he said left my mouth with the most bitter of tastes.
as he began with more morning moans of melancholy tones, i knelt above the slightly twisting, sinking earth of the grave, continued to place the flowers in a yellow and white assortment, wishing my uncle would leave. as i wasn't there to morn. i didn't know why i was there, maybe my reasons for being at the cemetery were to be alone, away from life.

I thought to myself; why do parents teach the innocent that life is hard, painful, troublesome. injecting doubt into kids. But they never teach you that lifes worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment